Earlier this week, I kicked off spring by sharing a fun and simple sheep craft for kids. Today I have some totally adorable and oh-so easy-to-make sheep cupcakes to share with you. Use your favorite chocolate cake mix recipe or box mix to make these cupcakes. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting. Some melted light cocoa candy melts could be used instead of the frosting. How you decorate these cupcakes is what makes them special.
These simple-to-make sheep cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate spring or Easter.
Related Content: This ladybug craft that uses recycled k-cups, and paper bowl sun craft are also fun for spring.
Sheep Cupcake Ingredients:
Chocolate cupcake mix (usually calls for oil, water, eggs)
Sheep Cupcake Directions:
1. Prepare your cupcakes as directed on box and let cool.
2. Prepare your chocolate frosting or heat 1 cup of your chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
3. Use a teaspoon to scoop your frosting or melted chocolate onto the center of each cupcake (a few at a time so the chocolate doesn’t harden to fast) and spread evenly.
4. Take half of an Oreo and press onto the center of each chocolate covered cupcake.
5. Purée two brown M&M’s right above the Oreo.
6. Sprinkle the jimmies onto the frosting or melted chocolate.
7. Dip the back of the candy eyes into the chocolate and press onto the top of the Oreo.
Simple SHeep Cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcake mix usually calls for oil, water, eggs
- Chocolate frosting
- Miniature Oreos Brown
- M&M's Candy eyes
- White jimmies
Julie Wood says
OMG! My kids would love for me to make these cupcakes. They look so delicious and fun to make. Thanks for the recipe!
Kimberly Flickinger says
These are too cute and look delicious, I Love that you use oreos.
Crissie Woolard says
I absolutely love these sheep cupcakes. They are precious. I think I’m going to make them with my daughter, it looks pretty easy Thanks so much for the ideas
Anita Jude says
Oh wow these are adorable and look delicious I am going to have to make these with my grandkids they would love them
Sara Zielinski says
These sheep cupcakes look amazing.
G K says
These are so cute! Almost too cute too eat!
Caleb Emmerich says
Angela, thank you!