We made these Patriotic Oreo Pops to bring to our Fourth of July Church Picnic. They were super easy to make and a big hit. Especially with the kids! It was a fun afternoon for all. The children played games and won tickets entitling them do things like throwing a pie into Mr. Nathan’s face, silly stringing the Pastor, giving Miss Rachael a makeover (they made her over real good), or throwing water balloons at my nephew Nathaniel. All of the grown ups were great sports and the kids had a blast! Our Patriotic Oreo Pops were the perfect ending to a fun-filled day.
To make Patriotic Oreo Pops, you only need a few ingredients:
1 package Oreo cookies
2 bags white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening (a little more might be needed)
Approximately 40 popsicle sticks
1. Melt the white chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler. You might need a bit more than 2 tablespoons of shortening to get the right consistency. Heat until all chocolate is melted.
2. Remove one side of the Oreo cookie and place a popsicle stick in the center of the cream filling. Put a small amount of melted chocolate in the center of the cookie to help create a bond to the other cookie. Put the other side of the Oreo cookie back in place.
3. Put on a cookie sheet and place in refrigerator for approximately 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
4. Dip Oreo Pops into white chocolate and then into sprinkles to coat.
5. Place on cookie sheet covered in wax paper and allow to set up, about 20 minutes.
We made our Patriotic Oreo Pops a day in advance, but you could easily prepare them several days in advance of your party. The will store nicely in a sealed container. Enjoy!